The KX3's internal charger is intended to charge _NiMH_ batteries. Its output is a constant 200 mA. At that current level, you are unlikely to overcharge the AA cells, and all that will happen is that they'll stay warm.

Theway I handle mobile ops with batteries is to run the charger in 4 hour durations, and periodically check the BT voltage on the DISPlay. For NiMH, if the voltage is 10.8V or higher, I just disable the charger. 10.8V is very close to 100%. Others recommend charging up to 11.1V, which is 100% for most formulations (e.g., Tenergy). Not sure what Sanyo recommends for Eneloops. You might wan to read up on that.

Specifically for Eneloops - they hold their charge quite well, so there is little need to top them off as youmotor alongunless you'redrawing current from them all the time. If the 13.8V input is connected, it is diode steered with the battery output and any current you draw will be from the external power connection. In this arrangement, the highest voltage wins.

73,

matt W6NIA