From: Howard Hoyt [mailto:hh...@mebtel.net]
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2017 2:57 PM
To: Chris Tate - N6WM <ct...@ewnetinc.com>; Elecraft Reflector
<elecraft@mailman.qth.net>; k...@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] New Product Announcement

Hi Chris,

I bought the LowePro CS60 bag from Elecraft, and with the Kx22 and GEMS handle
and cover on it, the KX2 fits fine in the bag.  It is true that the handles and
cover stick up 1/2" farther than the knobs, but as you point out, with the
cover the knobs and display are protected, and the
CS60 bag still zips shut without any fuss. It is just my personal preference,
but given the LowePro bag is soft-sided and offers little impact protection, I
strongly prefer to have the GEMS cover in place when traveling with the $800
KX2, it is inexpensive protection for sure!

All this being said, if we get enough requests for a heatsink without the
handles I am sure we can do it.

Cheers & 73,

Howie - WA4PSC
www.proaudioeng.com