I have had similar problems with swr trips on my KPA500, only after several
transmissions on some bands. By a process of elimination it was traced to a
toroidal voltage heating up in an external coupler. It came on suddenly
after about 5 minutes of transmissions, and came good after a few minutes to
cool. Replacing the toroid with a larger one cured the problem.

--
Brian Duffell   Yarm    England