Jerry, WA2DKG wrote:
I have done 2 of these conversions and noticed something to be careful
of...Underneath L2, in back of J7, leads L2-1 and L2-4 pass over each other
and can short out toroid L2...I used a dental pick to move the wire lead
from L2-1 away from L2-4...This is a hidden area in under L2 and right next
to J-7...I used a bright LED penlight light and a magnifier to see it...

Excellent observation, and something to watch for.

That's why there are specific stripping instructions for the toroid wires on
page 14 where it calls for leaving 1/8" of enamel on L2-1 to avoid just such
a short.

But even if you strip it all the way to the toroid, moving the wire away
from the solder pad for L2-4 will work fine.

Ron AC7AC