Between 2002 and 2014 Elecraft made a four-band filter board KFL1-4 which
allowed operation on 40m, 30m, and any two of 20m, 17m, and 15m.  It had
superior RF performance on each band compared to equivalent two-band filter
boards.  The unavailability of special temperature-stable trimmer capacitors
forced its discontinuation.  It was a gem, after its design was altered to use
those capacitors, and backfit kits to older boards became availble.

So when you read of a four-band K1, the discontinued KFL1-4 is what made it
possible.

Mike / KK5F