> On May 26, 2017, at 8:27 PM, Tim McDonough N9PUZ <tim.n9...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have a "new to me" KX2 along with the internal battery and charger. Inside
> the KX2 battery compartment, is there supposed to be any sort of insulating
> sheet or pad covering the circuit board?

Tim,

No insulating sheet is necessary. The battery is double shrink-wrapped, there
are no parts on that area of the PC board, and there’s nothing sharp that could
abrade the plastic covering. It’s all quite safe.

There is of course a rubberized pad on the inside of the bottom cover. This
creates high friction to keep the battery from moving around.

73,
Wayne
N6KR