On 4/6/06, Lee Buller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> low cost.  the BMF2 is Bio-Mass Filter for the K2.  You can have BMF1 for the
> K1.
> It is called your brain.  Best filter in the world.  Fastest and most complex
> computer
> yet devised.

I agree with your statements, the brain is an incredible device, and
amazing flexible in adapting to various situations.

I am still left wondering though about the "ringing" in my ears after
listening in on older hams operate a station during Field Day. Several
hams I know have complained of hearing lost and only one can pin it on
his day job in a machine shop, rather than too much time listening to
a loud radio to attempt to understand a signal underneath the QRN and
QRM.

Perhaps a not so obvious feature, if it is true, is through the use of
either KAF2 or KDSP2 hams listen at a "safer" volume with less risk of
further hearing lost, by helping our brain by filtering out at least
some of the noise before the brain tries to decode the signal,
allowing comfortable listening at a lower volume because your brain is
not "working" as hard to separate out the signal from as much noise.

I don't know, I am just wondering if anyone agrees or disagrees with
that aspect of using additional "hearing aids".