Every summer, Reno Nevada hosts an event called "Hot August Nights," in August but you probably figured that out. I have no idea how many classic vehicles it attracts, the number is huge, and affectionados will make their hotel reservations for next year before they leave this year. They can be found cruising around the entire area. They are truly beautiful if you like old, perfectly kept cars. They also make ignition noise. The NB on my K3 does a classic job of removing it. Sorry for the pun, but the impulse noise just goes away.

Today's vehicles don't make ignition noise, and it's rare that I find impulse noise on the radio. I do find some power line hash, and a lot of SMPS noise drifting by. The NB might lower that non-impulse noise an S-unit on the meter, it really doesn't make much difference in signal intelligibility.

This subject comes up regularly here. The NB on my Drake 2B was fantastic on impulse noise. So was the S-Line, and the 51J4 I had for quite awhile. They didlittle to power line noise however, and SMPS hadn't been invented then.

Some noise is best eliminated at audio, I'm not surprised that your CLRspeaker works at times. Sometimes, just laying the headphones on the desk and turning up the AF gain will work wonders. So far as I've been able to discern with K3 S/n 642, the NB works as well as any NB I've used in the past.

73,

Fred ("Skip") K6DGW
Sparks NV USA
Washoe County DM09dn