I have a K2, KX3 and a KX2.  I have used a 58 Ft. wire with a 25 t.
counterpoise to the bnc binding posts with my KX3 and I believe I was able
to tune it on 80-10.  I recently purchased a KX2, and for some reason, I
could not get the 58 Ft. length of wire to tune on 80 with the counterpoise.
I know that the wire length is one of the preferred lengths that should work
on all bands.

1.        Is this a function of the particular day and ground I may have
been on that the 58 Ft. wire did not tune on 80, or do I need to go to an 84
Ft. length with 33 ft. counterpoise?  How about more radials with the 58 Ft.
wire?  I haven't been able to test with multiple counterpoises and the KX2,
but hope to in a few days.

2.       I have read in the KX2 manual that a 25 Ft. wire and counterpoise
will tune 40 and perform well. (understanding the limitations of random
wires compared to doublets).  Would the 58 ft. wire and 25 ft. counterpoise
perform appreciably better on 40-10 meters than the 25 ft. one?  I do
operating from my RV on occasion, and it is really hard to get a long wire
up using my 30 ft. Jackkite pole with the limited space of most RV sites.

Thanks for the help.  BTW,  I was able to meet Eric Swartz at SEAPAC this
past weekend.  I know he meets a lot of people, but it meant a lot to me to
meet one of the people who created the Elecraft gear that renewed my love
for Amateur Radio after an 8 year absence when I went to CW only and was
able to use small rigs with little power requirements.  It is astounding how
great the Receiver's work in the KX3 and KX2.  These rigs added a whole new
dimension to Amateur Radio for me.

Terry de N7TB