Indeed! The huge gulf between "precision" and "accuracy." A display with gobs of decimal places can be colossally but precisely wrong. It is also true that frequencies that end in .000 are "better" for many people so I avoid them when looking for a run frequency. [:-)

This problem on 6 meters sure sounds like XIT or maybe SPLIT is engaged for that band and has been remembered. Years ago, 30 meters went dead with infinite SWR on my K3 -- all the rest were fine. Wayne finally telephoned me and his first question was, "Which antenna is selected?" Antenna selection is remembered by band.

73,

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County