Could it be the AFX function is on? This adds a bit of delay between L and R. In using a pair of non-amplified external speakers connected to the rear SPKRS jack, I don't notice any objectionable echo when NR is engaged. The setting which I use for SSB is NRmF5--1. This is mixed audio being part original audio and part being DSP audio.

73

Bob, K4TAX

K3S s/n 10163