Ted,

Re:  "I would appreciate hearing from anyone who is willing to share their
experience with it."

I can't speak to the SideKar, but I can speak to the support the company
provides.  I purchased a Ham Central Terminal (HCT, forerunner of the SideKar)
from a list member for use with my KX3.  Sometime later I learned that there
was new firmware for the HCT, so I sent an e-mail to QRP Works, explaining I
was interested in the upgrade but that I had not purchased the unit from them.
They replied with the new firmware and the utility to install it.  When I had a
problem with the installation, they provided additional suggestions, and the
firmware load was successful.  I believe this was over and above what they were
required to do.

 I use the HCT for keyboard support for the KX3's native digital modes, and to
provide backup decoding of CW.  I prefer to copy CW in my head but refer to the
HCT occasionally for something I may have missed.  Logging appears to be
useful, but I haven't taken the time to learn it yet.

Mark,
KE6BB