A variation of this concern Stateside is the matter of putting country
abbreviations on callsigns within State QSO Parties for mobile and
expeditionary/rover operations.  I have done that for many years as an
expeditionary station in the Virginia QSO Party, and it helps for stations
to know you have changed counties so they can work you again.

I don't think there is any USA rule on that matter, but we all need to know
and abide by our own rules.
I also have a callsign in the UK and have followed the /p and /m when there.

--
73 de Ted Edwards, W3TB and GØPWW

and thinking about operating CW:
"Do today what others won't,
so you can do tomorrow what others can't."