I was surprised that the KX2 ranked **18** positions BELOW the KX3.  That shows
the KX3 is a really remarkable world-class achievement.   Plus, at least an
early system schematic (excluding the KX3-2M two-meter module and PX3) is
available.  That leaves the KXBC3 battery/RTC as the only mediocre component in
the system.

I decided not to buy a KX2 until and unless minimal technical information
(schematic) was available.  It has become obvious that such is purposely and
likely permanently withheld from most customers...a really remarkable and
negative non-traditional policy for ham gear...especially gear directed to the
QRP community.

Operating HF hand-held has not had any valuable application since the WWII
SCR-536/BC-611 handie-talkie.  I like to operate my QRP rigs, especially high
performance Elecraft units, with antennas that complement the quality of the
radio.  No Elecraft rig deserves the degradation of a HF telescoping antenna.
That's pure gimmickry, IMHO  :-)

73,
Mike / KK5F