Hi Jim,

I purchased the PRO-Audio KX31 heat sink for my KX3.

After looking at the available designs at the time, the choices were narrowed
to two. The KX31, and VE7 designs.  The larger ultimate KX32 and VE7,nor the
improved Elecraft designs were available at the time.

The deciding reason I chose the KX31 over the available VE7 design was
aesthetic.  I liked the “rounding over” of the dissipating fins and that the
tool access to the mounting screws were on centers that did not cut through any
fins.  The differences between the cost negligible, and performance, are
extremely small.

73 de Ben W4SC