It's not a bad design goal if you can plan on only 1 or 2 outages per year, if that. Probably not too bad if the generator kicks in and you only abuse the batteries for a few minutes.

My observation was that the big APC units charged at about half the discharge rate, so yeah, charging too fast, but the discharge did more harm than charging.

I was a 16 year old kid working his first real job in an auto parts store just after cars switched from 6v to 12v. We could order 8 volt lead-acid batteries, and I always thought that 6+8 was 14.....

73 - Lynn