Hi folks,

Silly as it may sound I'm trying to key my KX1 using a
microHAM CW Keyer (uses Winkey), controlled by my
notebook, which will be running N1MM Logger.  I want
to try this setup in the Ontario QSO Party tomorrow.

I have the microHAM USB device router and N1MM Logger
both configured so they're not looking for a
transceiver.

The USB device router software lets you send a test
message in CW to confirm that Winkey is working, which
it is.  However, when I plug the keyer cable into the
KX1 and try the test message the KX1 transmits a solid
carrier that won't quit until I unplug the cable.  If
I plug it back in the KX1 will wait patiently for the

The keyer sends TEST once as it should then stops, as
indicated by its sidetone and front panel LEDs.

The KX1 is configured to Hnd for hand key or external
keyer.

I'm stumped.  Any thoughts from those of you who stump
less easily would be most welcome!

73,

Ken Alexander
VE3HLS