Noise blankers are difficult to design and to use. They work by blanking
out the receiver during noise pulses. The user defines what is a noise
pulse and how aggressively to blank it by adjusting the NB parameters. If
you don't blank out enough, you still hear the noise. If the signal is
below that noise, you won't hear it. If you blank out too much, you lose so
much real signal that it is no longer possible to copy or to copy
comfortably. *I have had very good results with the NB in the K3 on some
kinds of human-made noise.* Other noises seem to have too high a duty cycle
or signal strength to be effectively blanked. Your noise sources may be in
that category. I don't think it is fair to say the K3 NB "doesn't work." It
certainly does work on many kinds of noise. No NB that I have tried or
heard of can work on all kinds of noise.

73,

/Rick N6XI

Rick Tavan
Truckee, CA