-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        [Elecraft] Noise Blankers
Date:   Sun, 3 Sep 2017 13:59:59 -0400
From:   Ralph McClintock <w...@comcast.net>
To:     k...@sdellington.us

Scott,

 There are two NBs available in the K3. Have you tried the K3 DSP NB? Don't even tell me about the "NB" in the FT-1000. Been there; _fought_ with Chip K7JA at Yaesu about how bad it was until he quit responding. That was about 1992/3. Tom W8JI finally explained where Yaesu really screwed the pooch with their entire FT-1000 line NB wise. I went through every rig from 1990 right up to 2014 when I got my 2nd K3 and the latest DPS software. During that time I was fighting electric fence and power line "crap" on 160 meters, my main band of interest. The "regular" for lack of a better word, Noise Blanker, in the K3 is probably okay for auto ignition noise, like all the rest, but for what I faced it was the DSP NB that blew all the rest of the crap away. NO Problems with strong signal overload on 160. I could copy very weak signals right in between New England/NY big guys, and that is on my transmit antenna! The K3 DSP NB was, and still is, a game changer for me. Give it a try on your power line junk.

W1ZK

--
Webmaster USS PUEBLO Veterans Association
Life Member American Ex-Prisoners of War