Depending on the radio, a garbage can might work!  :)  Sorry, I had too...

73s and thanks,
Dave
NK7Z
http://www.nk7z.net

On 09/06/2017 10:35 AM, Erik Basilier wrote:
I have always used temporary solutions for storage of my smaller radios,
such as the KX3 and KX1. Commercial cases providing padding and ideal fit
have been discussed before on this list. However, I never felt that the
products suggested would meet my needs. In the back of my mind I have long
worried that some rogue state might wipe out our radios by EMP. To position
the nuclear device, they would not even need to use a missile that travels
intercontinentally or is accurately aimed. My frequently used radios are set
up for immediate use, and would be unprotected. The smaller, very portable
radios I don't use that often, and would be stored away. They should be
stored in cases that function as Faraday cages. I am looking for storage
cases made of metal, and with good electrical contact between case and lid.
Light weight is desirable. Any suggestions from the List? My best idea so
far is rectangular cookie tins, such as marketed around Xmas, but finding
the desired sizes is not easy. Note to self: Don't be too upset if you have
to sacrifice yourself and eat some extra cookies in order to find the ideal
tin.

73,

Erik K7TV

Message delivered to d...@nk7z.net