Wikipedia says, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elecraft, The company's first product was the K2 transceiver, which was first prototyped in October 1997. Wayne puts meat on that statement here, https://www.mail-archive.com/elecraft@mailman.qth.net/msg115050.html.

Its nearly October, 2017, 20 years, hmm.

My own K2, 7723, is just starting to come alive, first tests done and the majority of stuffing for the second testing is now done.

While I guess we all wonder just how long through hole kit production will be viable, 20 years seems a remarkable milestone in any products life.

HBD K2 and Elecraft.

Martin, HS0ZED