Interesting question.  But I doubt W0RSR operates SSB on 30 :)  Or I hope he
does not.  A better question would be what software are you running, and on
which operating system, e.g., Windows, MacOS or linux?  Since WSJT-X is the
only software package I know that supports FT-8 I doubt it is a radio issue. Or
at least I don’t have any issues with FT-8 on any band using WSJT-X RC2.

Have the preferences MacOS/ Windows configuration been updated since the WSJT-X
upgrade to RC2?  WSJT-X is slightly quirky as I had an issue with pervious
versions with JT9.  On some bands it worked, and on some it didn’t.  A reset of
preferences, i.e., a complete reset of preferences brought it back.

I’m on MacOS so your mileage may vary.

Joe N9JR