No preamp required.  Set the Mike gain via the menu to high. Easy to wire the mike XLR to an unbalanced circuit.   Pin #1 & #3 to ground and Pin #2 to MIC high.  See page 55  of the manual [MIC SEL] for details.

If you close talk the mike it will be bottom end heavy. Typically no closer than 4" will be OK.  Move in closer and the bottom end comes up, back away and the bottom end falls off. This is due to the proximity effect of they type dynamic mike.

Otherwise, they sound quite good/.

73

Bob, K4TAX