Bill, I use exactly the same setup, and I just verified mine is working,
even after "High Sierra" upgrade.

I had that problem when I first set it up and the problem was in the
Serial speed in RumlogNG  <TX1> in my case.

My speed in rumlog was differtent than the speed on the PX3.  Since it
goes there first before the KX3, The PX3 will not pass the bad baud rate
date to the KX2, I set all of my speeds to 38,400, RumlogNG, the PX3 and
the KX3..

hope this fixes your problem also..

Fred Moore
email: f...@fmeco.com