My son just got his General Class license yesterday, KD8DKT, and I set him up a little station with my K2 and a dipole. He got his license mainly to work cw and digital modes, so we had to interface the rig to his computer. I left him playing around, trying to make his first contact on cw. Later last night he excitedly informed me that he had just made his first QSO... Argentina, running 5W on Throb. Not a bad start.

Larry N8LP