Page 251 in the Fred Cady book does say it in the menu description for the
TIME function.  "A battery must be in the KXBC3 to maintain the time if the
external power supply is disconnected or turned off."

---
72,
Rich Hurd / WC3T / DMR: 3142737
PA Army MARS, Northampton County RACES, EPA-ARRL Public Information Officer
for Scouting
Latitude: 40.761621 Longitude: -75.288988  (40°45.68' N 75°17.33' W) Grid:
*FN20is*