I sure envy those of you who live in a quiet enough environment to take advantage of that much gain. Here in the city the noise level is so high even on 6 meters that even the additional gain provided by the built-in preamp on the KXV3B module usually only brings the noise level up; weak signals are still buried in all the ambient crap. I previously used a PR6 on my K3 and don't really see much difference between it and the preamp in the Transverter module. I'm looking forward more and more to retirement and a move out of the city.

73...
Randy, W8FN