Dude,

  You are indeed the King.  Let me press forward with your suggestions.  I'll
let you know what I find.

  Joe N9JR

Don Wilhelm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Joe,

Not the counter probe - use an RF Probe or a 'scope - the significant factor
is the RF voltage, the counter probe will only provide the frequency and I
expect that will be correct.

What you may be encountering is low injection to the mixer - the level
should be +7dBm for the TUF-1 mixer - if that level is reduced, the mixer IF
output will also be less than it should be - and decreased receiver
sensitivity will be the obvious result. This is separate from a VCO lock
condition, but the VCO lock condition becomes more unstable at lower (R30)
voltages.

The other possibility that I can think of is a leaky coupling capacitor -
particularly those associated with the D6/D7 switch - in combination with
the RF Chokes, there could be some strange condition that only occurs on 30
meters - A short burst of transmit would change the DC conditions on the
capacitor and restore things to 'normal' until it charged up again - as far
as I know, the only real way to check for that is to substitute capacitors
in hopes that it will be found - not the best way to de-bug, but sometimes
that is the only way to go. Remember that Murphy rules in instances like
this - if it can't happen, it WILL!!

73,
Don W3FPR