James,
I ended up pulling out the 2 meter board and the tuner board (that was
about all it takes to get back to the SMA connector) and really tightened
the inside screw down a lot more torque than I did the first time. I think
I was over cautious when I first assembled the SMA connector. Sure didn't
want to start gouging out the opening in the case! So it has been fine
since then, however I have been a little more carful when moving the KX3
around with the sma right angle and the whip 2m/440 antenna. I think having
a right angle connector there is a little futzy. I have used the radio like
a handheld and just attached the whip antenna to the sma direct (wo the
right angle adapter) and that works fine. It is actually fun! The heaviest
biggest 2 meter ht I ever used since my first HT a Motorola brick lol/
Kinda makes me wish I had gone with the KX2 as It has a built in Mic which
is cool. But I love my KX3. I did design a little attachment that bolts to
the case and that works, but it is rinky dink. but it does make sure the
antenna is supported up from the base so that there is no way it can flop
over then. I will send a pic of that to you and the group if anyone wants
to see it.
Sri it took me a while to get back to you! I need to get my list
subscription back to individual emails, have not been able to keep up with
replies as easy when it is digest form. So Thank You! To anyone else who
replied on this issue (which isn't really an issue just a matter of making
sure the SMA connector is mounted securely).

I did notice that as I tightened it down snug that there was no evidence
that the outside flange (the flange/nut that Elecraft somehow made sure
would turn around the threads, don't ask me how they did that!) Anyway it
seems that the lock washers bite in pretty well and prevents the connector
from turning in the opening. The other option is to look for a beefier lock
washer... not sure if one of those split ring type lock washers would give
more tension? Anyway... I am shopping for some kind of external 2 meter
antenna now, so probably won't be using the whip antenna that much
eventually. Could make a j-pole. I am below ground here so it is a
challenge to get a good signal out on 2 meters. Anyway. thanks again.
probably told you way more than you wanted to read hihi.

73 Merry Christmas to you James~! hope you have a great holiday season. I
plan on Santa bringing me all kinds of ham test equipment. Signal
Generator, Freq counters antennas analyzers you name it.
Mike AB7RU