Hello Brent!

Has anyone experimented with the KDSP2 denoiser settings and found a more
pleasant setting for both CW and SSB settings.  Mine is still at the default
settings and I would like to change them something a little better.

These are very subjective. What one person finds pleasant, another may find annoying.

I suggest you use the controls to change Beta to 00 and listen to it, then to 99 (it is just one step away) and listen to it. This will tell you what the effect is if varying beta towards a lower and towards higher values.

Then, do the same with Decay: 0 and 99.

These settings are described in the manual on page 30.

After this, you should have a pretty good idea of the direction you want to go, then start playing with the settings, probably in steps of 10 to "bracket" the effect you prefer, then in steps of 1 to fine tune things.

With the denoiser, you also have the "level" setting (see page 25 of the manual) to further adjust it.

You may find some background information interesting as well. Go to <http://www.elecraft.com/KDSP2/kdsp2design.pdf>.

Enjoy the ride!

73,

Lyle KK7P