Let me tell you what I observed with 700 feet of long wire.

QSB disappeared. What faded on one end was rocketing in on the other end.

I pointed the antenna at the USA from Kenya. There was nobody in the USA
that could not hear me. I ran 100 watts.

I had lobes going in every direction. I had huge gain forward. Check the
ARRL antenna book. It worked off the end and the front and the side.

It was the best wire antenna I ever used.

Best of all the elephants walked around my old Army Signal Corp 40 foot
poles bought new from Fair Radio Sales. That's right. The Elephants walked
around the poles. The sag in the middle was pretty deep but still taller
than an Elephant.

The longer the wire the more forward the gain. The better the lobes.
I never used a better wire and if I had to do it again I would do it again.

73 all, Bill

The science is simple. The more wire hanging out the more signal radiating.