Subject: K3 Power Drop During Operation
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 06:54:48 -0500
From: jma...@k8nd.com
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Cc: genes...@gmail.com

I was running some stations on 160-meters this morning, and noted that the
power output had dropped from the amp.

Further investigation found that the maximum power out from the K3/100 was
reduced from ~100W to about 54W, with no error messages displayed on the K3.
Advancing the 'PWR' control beyond 54 W made no difference. I stopped
operating, and found that the power slowly restored, first to a maximum of 84W,
and then back to the normal 100W maximum.

I assume that this is an issue with temperature? The ambient temperature was
cool (A/C running in shack). I have not noted this problem before.

The fan was set to 'Config > KPA3 > PA nor'.  recommended setting for hard
contest use?

73,  Jeff  PJ2ND / K8ND