I just received a response from Elecraft. They are sending me a new bottom
cover and a noise kit for some transformer noise that I had not previously
mentioned here. While this will involve me tearing down the amplifier and then
rebuilding it the outcome will be a properly constructed amplifier.

In all fairness they did offer to repair it at Elecraft but I declined because
of shipping and insurance cost and not having appropriate packing since it was
a kit.

It was a good response I think.  Thank you Elecraft.

Michael Blake
k9...@mac.com