When plucking a particular station out on FT8, something that would be useful
in the increasingly crowded segment conditions would be to have the radio's
filters narrow the passband to just a particular width at a particular
frequency (and then go back to a much wider bandwidth at particular times).

I see that the IS and FW (or BW, recommended by the K3 programmer's manual) can
do this -- has anyone developed a macro like this for this application?

Example: FT8 on 20m uses the dial frequency of 14074.00, USB. If I'm trying to
hear a station at 1800Hz, I'd like to narrow my RX passband to be between
14075.77 and 14076.10 (ft8 bw is 50Hz). But also want to go back to a 2.4 kHz
bandwidth.  I might also want to transmit outside the parameters of my RX
passband, e.g. in this example, I might transmit tones from 800-850 Hz.