Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2018 1:26 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] New KAT500/KPA500 setup and utility software problems

Hi there,
I'm assisting my godfather with setting up a new KAT500 & KPA500 to add to his K3/P3.
Issues I am having:
1) KAT500 makes quite a racket whenever keying up. It seems to settle down, but as soon as I speak, it freaks out again. He has two antennas...a hex beam on ant 1 and a G5RV on ant 2. The KAT500 seems to behave the same on both. 2) He is running Norton on his PC. Norton allowed me to download the KAT500 utility, but not the KPA500 utility. It automatically deletes it. What's up with that? Thanks for any assistance. I tried to contact Elecraft support, but I guess I was too close to closing.
Thanks, Steve  KO6L