I am taking the plunge into DATA modes for the very first time, and I'd like to get started with a simple test: Use my existing DX logger, DX4WIN, but leverage the P3/SVGA Pan-adpater for RTTY encode and decode.  This would eliminate the need for third-party software products and possibly a cable or two.

My questions is: is this possible?  Can a program like DX4Win simply act as a Data Terminal to the P3?  I know you need a communication package connected to the P3 for it to accept commands, like KY and Transmit, so I wonder how to get them both on the COM port unless DX4Win is the hub.

If the only way it MTTY and skip the P3, let me know.  I'll be disappointed, but will recover.

73, Byron