On 2/14/2018 1:55 PM, Byron Peebles wrote:
I am taking the plunge into DATA modes for the very first time, and I'd like to get started with a simple test: Use my existing DX logger, DX4WIN, but leverage the P3/SVGA Pan-adpater for RTTY encode and decode.  This would eliminate the need for third-party software products and possibly a cable or two.

What's your objective?  Casual ragchewing?  Working a DX station?  Contesting?  For the first two, the P3/SVGA approach is fine. Much less so for contesting -- for that, you want MMTTY or 2Tone and a contest logger like N1MM.

FWIW, FT8 has put a big dent in casual PSK and RTTY operation, and for that, you need WSJT-X and a couple of audio cables.

73, Jim K9YC