I had no end of trouble with my K-Pod. I finally had to record a video and send it to Wayne to convince him that I could press a button, have the K3S light up indicating reception but fail to execute.  He revised the K3 firmware and this is fixed, but response time is still slow.  I can't comment on the knob, as far as I'm concerned, it's just in the way of the buttons.

I can't remember the FW revision but the notes should say.

Wes  N7WS