What's the SWR?   Anything under 2:1 won't make a difference in performance.

Using two 50 ohm dummy loads connected in parallel, either instrument should show a 2:1 SWR.

Be sure the dummy loads are actually 50 ohms and not just labeled such.  I have one of those "gallon" type loads that measure 58 ohms cold and 64 ohms hot.  The label on the bucket says "50 ohms".

A man with a watch will always know the time.  A man with four watches is never sure of the time.

73

Bob, K4TAX