*/Chris/*
You have seen several posts with good advice.  If you want to do an easy test to localize where the failure may be, you can do it with a dummy load. First put the dummy load at the rig.  Check to see if all is OK, if not, blame the rig. Then check the coax - connect the dummy load at the end of your coax (replacing the remote tuner).
*/Good advice all,  I was running brand new Belden RG213U coax to a diamond dual band antenna did the connectors both ends, did the pull 75' saw the same situation .......hum can't be the coax it brand new off the reel must be my connector installation.....replaced both (Amphenol connectors again) what it was was a fault in the *brand new coax* I found the fault cut it out made up a couple of shorter runs from the original piece I cut for the radio to antenna run. /*
If the problem shows up, then blame the coax.
*/Yep don't rule out anything ............/*

If all is still OK with the dummy load at the end of the coax, you can blame the tuner, balun or the antenna or RF getting onto the coax outer shield.  Look for evidence of arcing, make sure all connections are solid - then try adding a K9YC type current mode choke near the entry point entry to the shack to choke RF coming in on the outside of the coax braid.
*/Regards
Art
ka9zap
/*