On my recently acquired K3s (MCU 05.62, FPF 01.26, DSP1 02.88, DSP2 N?A, DVR
N/A), Serial number 11501,  I have notice a USB audio anomaly that I do not
understand nor can I find described in the manual.

If you monitor the USB audio output port on the attached computer you will
hear, or see on the audio display of a scope application, fldigi waterfall or
monitor speaker any audio that is being used to modulate the transmitter.  The
transmitter can even be in the TEST mode where no actual output occurs.  This
“looped back” audio is unaffected by the MON function and does not vary in
amplitude with MON set anywhere from 0 to maximum value.

It does not matter if the source of the audio is the FP mic, RP mic or Line In
audio source.  The audio is looped back to the USB output port at a constant
amplitude.

This occurs when the LIN OUT configuration option is set to NOR and at any
amplitude. Only when the LIN OUT option is set to PHONES is the loopback path
broken and the MON function performs as expected with the looped back level
changing from OFF (MON = 0) to a varying level as the MON level is increased
from 1 to 60.

When using either Speakers, Headphones or both all actions are normal and as
described in the manual.  It is only when you monitor the USB output toward the
attached computer (Mac or Windows) that you become aware of this loopback path.

I believe it is a BUG but if it is a feature I would appreciate knowing where
it would be beneficial.

Very73 - Mike - K9JRI