I have moved many Alpha amps without removing the transformer. I believe
you only have to remove it for shipping. They also have screws to secure
the fan that should be installed.  I just sold an OM Power 2000+ and
shipped it with the transformer. That was a heavy box to carry to FedEx!
I have no issue with Elecraft shipping the lightweight power supply and
amp together however for those that cannot lift it perhaps the Elecraft
shipping depart can accommodate them with two shipments for an extra
charge.

John KK9A

Rick Tavan N6XI wrote:

I believe Alpha warns not even to try to move the amp with its transformer
installed. It is connectorized so you can remove the transformer in a few
minutes and then transport it and the chassis separately. Otherwise, you
risk bending the chassis under the weight of the transformer, assuming you
can move it at all! KPA1500 is a true breakthrough in weight for a
full-power amp!

/Rick N6XI