Noel -

I do not have a KX3, but a good buddy does and he uses this supply:
https://proaudioeng.com/products/pae-kx33-low-rfi-ac-power-supply/

He has been VERY happy with it, and has never noticed any issues like those
that sometimes occur with switching supplies. If you are sure you won't be
hauling it around a bunch, then any good clean supply will suffice.
Personally, I would look for a linear supply that had sufficient capability
that if I was going to add the PX3 and KXPA100, I would not then have to
look for another supply.

 I did use a friend's KX3 for several weeks when on vacation a couple of
years ago and it sure is a fine radio.

Best of luck.

Dave - K9FN