Carl,

Not sure about the KPA1500 but I believe the limit on the KPA500 is 90C.  It is normal for the fan to come on and speed up automatically at particular temperatures. I set up some of the macro buttons in the KPA500 utility for various fan speeds.  If I run a high duty cycle digital mode, I will kick the fan up on the highest setting before operating.  Don't think I have had it up to 75C, but it will usually run in the 60s if making lots of back to back QSOs.

73,

Mike - KI0HA