None of this works when the DX stations remove all possibility of skill making a difference when they have zero pattern to their operation.  It's as if they randomly spin the dial after every QSO and if you happen to be lucky (and strong) they hear you. Otherwise, you can spend hours of wasted time.  A couple of west African DXpeditions currently operating leap to mind.

OTOH, TN5R was very predicable on 160 about an hour ago and I worked him with my modest station for a new one.

Wes  N7WS