The how to for this project is located at:

https://www.nk7z.net/adding-external-keypad-k3/

and in Fred Cady's K3 book located at:

http://www.ke7x.com/home/guide-to-the-k3

73s and thanks,
Dave
NK7Z
https://www.nk7z.net

On 04/06/2018 01:22 PM, Bill wrote:
Hi Dave and others,

I am not using anything that is long or unusual for a macro. The idea of my usage is to give me similar control of the K3 that I would get from leaning across the desk to the rig - just to make life simple.

Such as: I have some keys set up as 3x4 keypad on the face of the K3, others as preset frequencies/mode/filter, can select mode, band up/dn, various audio settings, and up/down 50/10/1 kcs, and a few other toggle type macros. I also use a K-pod.

Had the K-Pod been available when I originally set up the Genovation, I would have stopped with the K-Pod. Creatively building the macros for the K-Pod allows me to nearly control the K3 as well as from the Genovation and the K-Pod has a VFO to boot. The K-Pod is an excellently thought out product, limited only by the imagination of the user.

Bill

Message delivered to d...@nk7z.net