On 4/11/2018 9:14 AM, Don Wilhelm wrote:
You can splice a short (3 to 4 inches) length of #12 wire to the #8 or #10 wire and it will not have negligible voltage drop due to the short length. Make certain you have a good tight connection at the splice point.

Yes, lots of ways to skin this cat, depending on your needs and resources. Several vendors sell adapters with a "big" grey Power Pole wired with #12 pairs to four red/black connectors, and it's easy to build your own. I find #10 to be the largest cable that I can reasonably fit into the 45A insert, so I run twisted pairs of that.

I've seen statements that some of the Power Pole connector boxes have undersized circuit traces on the PCB that connects them. I use them only for accessories that draw relatively low current.

73, Jim K9YC