All,

While those connections and settings may work, I see 2 things that can be considered improvements.

First is to use DATA A - its default sideband is USB and it turns off compression and EQ leaving your normal SSB EQ and Compression settings as you choose.

Secondly, using DATA A turns the MIC input into a LINE Input which will make the MIC Gain settings more mid-range. A low setting of 3 does not have very fine granularity which may give trouble setting the KX2 ALC to 4 bars with the 5th bar flashing.

Also in may be better to lower the audio levels elsewhere in the system. This is basically a soundcard audio application, so the information on my website www.w3fpr.com may be helpful - on my site, scroll down the left column to the last entry and click to open that link. It has information on setting the various audio controls that may be available (set them to mid-range to start).

73,
Don W3FPR