HI Bill:

/rant

It's nice that people are getting a warning.... but IMO, I'd just as soon stay
at a lower level OS where all the applications that I need will still work just
fine.   I got viciously snagged by an OS upgrade, which rendered my entire Time
Capsule backup useless.  So, all the files that I wanted to keep simply are
unavailable to me after my older iMac's HD tanked, and I bought a new iMac,
ASSUMING (bad idea) that I could restore them to the new machine.  Nope.  So,
that's left a bitter taste in my mouth.  And, I'm a long time Mac user.   This
is the first time I've been seriously burnt by an OS "upgrade".

So have a number of professional colleagues who depended on their apps running
properly on High Sierra... who sadly discovered that their income stream ground
to a halt, since they no longer to use their computers for professional audio
and video post-production.  Eventually, their apps will be supported by HS...
but for many, this is a big deal.  Fortunately, some of them were able to
"downgrade" back to the OS that works.... but not all were able to do that.

So, for now... I do not upgrade an OS unless and until I know that my apps will
run properly.

/end rant