On 4/16/2018 10:15 AM, Bill Frantz wrote:
wsjt-x is quite CPU intensive. Running FT8

That's not entirely consistent with my experience and what I've heard from WSJT-X developers. MSK144 IS quite demanding of processor, speed, and RAM. Other modes generally are not. As long as 5-6 years ago, before the WSJT team had developed a multi-decoder, using W6CQZ's JT65-HF multi-decoder, I often decoding 20 or more JT65 signals in a single pass on HF with very under-powered 10-year old Thinkpads that didn't have much RAM either.

For MSK144 (meteor scatter) my superfast new Thinkpad could not be set for deep decoding and maximum frequency tolerance until I brought the RAM up to 16GB.

73, Jim K9YC